Matina's Pirates Kids Club
Here at the Matina we understand that a holiday is for the whole family. We want parents to be able to enjoy spending family time with their children but also enjoy some "me" time with the knowledge that their children are having an exciting and enjoyable holiday. That's why we have the Matina's Pirates Kids Club.
Located in the centre of the Hotel grounds, next to the children's playground and pool, our dedicated Kids Club House is a hive of activity. Operating 6 days per week (excluding Wednesdays) we offer two sessions per day (split age group) which are open to children staying at the Matina or any of our sister properties. Daily activities include creative play, arts and crafts, indoor games, book club, mini disco, movie time and much much more.
As well as our daily sessions, we also operate additional themed movie nights. These provide the perfect opportunity for parents to enjoy a relaxing meal or drink whilst your little ones enjoy one of our many kids movies with our dedicated Kids Club team! Our themed movie nights are chargeable as an extra and are advertised around the Hotel and on the Kids Club notice board. Places can be booked via Reception.
Here's all you need to know about the Matina Pirates Kids Club:
- Sessions operate twice per day from 9.00am - 4.30pm every day except for Wednesdays.
- A full timetable of daily activity sessions is available outside the Kids Club House.
- Activity sessions are age appropriate and are split in to two separate sessions.
- Sessions are non obligatory and Children are free to attend whichever sessions are convenient for your family and appropriate to their age group.
- All of our sessions operate from our dedicated Club House which is air conditioned and has children's toilet facilities.
- The Kids Club building is located in the ground of our children's play ground which has safety flooring, is fully shaded and is fenced and gated for added security.
- The Kids Club caters for children aged between 3 and 11 years. All Children must be able to use toilet facilities independently in order to attend.
- For safety and security reason, parents are not able to attend Kids club with Children.
- The Kids Club is free of charge however there is a charge for the themed movie nights.
- The Kids Club is operated by an experienced team of staff who are dedicated to the well-being of the children in their charge.
- The Kids Club staff welcome the opportunity to meet parents and care givers and discuss any aspects of the Kids Club in more detail.
- The Kids Club is available for children staying at The Matina ApartHotel, Pefkos Village Resort, Lemon Tree Studios, Anthi-Maria Beach Apartments and any of the Villas that we manage in Lindos (Viktoria, Thea, Evangelia, Meandros and Sokaki).
- The Kids Club do not provide drinks or snacks to children during the session but children are welcome to bring their own. The Movie Party nights do include an evening meal and drink for each child.
As part of our family orientated ethos at the Hotel, we aim to provide quality on-site entertainment that all the family can participate in. Our Animation team are located at the Hotel and offer various activities for guests to enjoy throughout the day and in to the evening. However, we understand that not everyone wishes to engage in all of the activities that we offer, after all, you are on holiday and certainly deserve some rest and relaxation.
Our Team are aware that it is important to find a balance between involving our guests in activities and entertainment and understanding that its not everyone's cup of tea. They adopt a friendly and no pressure approach and we hope that our guests feel informed and involved in all we have to offer, whilst leaving the choice entirely in your hands.
Be it daily aqua aerobics, karaoke or one of our fantastic evening shows in our on site Theatre, we aim to cater for the whole family. You can find our entertainment schedule on display in both People Bar and Matina Pool Bar along with details of the latest Sporting events that we will be airing. We are also happy to receive requests from guests with regards to the Big Screen and Sporting events that we show so please do feel free to speak to our Bar staff in this regard.
From the moment that you arrive in the Hotel to the (always too soon) departure day, we hope that you and your family feel welcomed and at ease. We are a family run Hotel and we appreciate that it's the small things that can make a huge impact on the level of comfort and convenience that our guests experience.
We understand that travelling abroad with little ones can be stressful. We believe that Parents and Care Givers deserve as stress-free a holiday as possible and not just a change of scenery, therefore we offer a comprehensive range of Children's Facilities for our guests to enjoy. Here are some of the facilities and options available for our guests:
- Child cot's available upon request.
- High chairs available upon request and available as standard in both bars, breakfast Lounge and Meltemi restaurant.
- Bed guards available upon request.
- Childrens pool area and easiliy accesible swimming pools.
- Baby changing facilities in our public areas.
- Free kids club for children 3 - 11 years (all children attending kids club must be able to use toilet facilities independently of an adult).
- Shaded and secure children's play area with safety floor and generous seating area for parents.
- On site launderette.
- Children's menu available in People Bar, Matina Pool Bar and Meltemi Restaurant.
- Our onsite supermarket offers a comprehensive range of baby food, baby formula and milk, nappies, swim nappies and various other baby products.
- Our onsite supermarket offers free delivery and online ordering for all guests prior to arrival and throughout your stay.
- On call Doctor available 24/7.
Along with the above facilities, we are also a pushchair friendly hotel with all areas of the Hotel being pushchair accessible. We will always aim to prioritise room allocation for families with children and we welcome request from guests in this regard. We really do want our guests to feel at home and therefore we welcome feedback and requests from our guests in relations to our facilities.